Sunday 8 January 2012

Sarah Kay

Hello everyone and a happy New year.

I think I have finally got my act together and hopefully I should be posting more often in 2012 (or thats the plan!).  I have decided that I should colour up batches of images and then when I need to make a card I will have coloured images ready and waiting to choose from.

My first card of 2012 is for my Great nieces birthday at the end of January. She will be 2.  Now I know what you all must be thinking...... she must be as old as the hills. Well thats not true!.  I have extremely old brothers and sisters and I came along to torment them in their teenage years.  Hopefully none of them will read this blog or I am going to be in serious trouble. so befor I make things any worse here is my card .........


 I have used a beautiful Sarah Kay image for this card and its Elodie in her garden. This is the first time that I have used this image and I am not sure why I waited so long!!
The papers are Lost and found by My Minds Eye. I love the pink gingham, its just right for a little girl.


I went a bit over board with the embellishments on this card. I dont usually go for tons of flowers but I think I like the way they turned out. The roses and the metal corner are from Wild orchid crafts and the little rose buds are from hobby craft. I found the cute watering can in my stash of charms that I bought quite a few years ago.
The die cut lace border is another one of those gorgeous memory box dies
( I am fast becoming addicted to these ). The swirl and the tag are of course doohickeys from Magnolia.
The image before i forget to tell you is coloured with prisma pencils.


I would like to enter the following challenges:
Well that's all from me for now. I hope to be back tomorrow with another card.

See you soon 

Jayne
x

18 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Jayne,love the image.xxx

sara said...

really sweet jayne love the image and the papers are one of my faves from last year gorgeous card
hugs sara x x x

June Nelson said...

Thisis gorgeous and you have coloured her beautifully I love all the details and that little watering can is perfect xxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

This is so pretty . I love the shape and the die cuts
Lisa x

Sarah-Jane said...

Shall I tell mum that you said she is extremely old?!!
Sarah-Jane xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, love the little watering can charm!
Helen x

Mina said...

its the same in my family Jayne, I have a sister 18 months younger than me then another 17 years younger just sent to torment in our teenage years lol...wow this is lovely, I love the SK images and you coloured her beautifully and just the right amount of flowers too
Mina xxx

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous cute card Jayne.
luv
Debby

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous hugs pops x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the image & the pretty colours. I sit & colour sometimes for a few hours then put my images into clear little bags so I always have images ready for cards.........sometimes tho it can take a while for me to use them lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Jane,
What a totally gorgeous card!!
I love the design and colours.
Your Great Niece will adore it :)
Love, Mel. xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card, love the shape & the charm is great!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jayne, gorgeous card card - wonderful embellishments and flowers.

Such a sweet image and love your colouring. Really should get my Prisma pencils out and play again, but I've got re-hooked on Promarkers.

I've only got the one sister who is 2 years and 2 days older than me, but we still managed to torment each other quite a lot!!!

Sarah

Liz's creative corner said...

This is gorgeous, love all the detail and beautiful image, love the die cuts, hugs Liz xx

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous card Jane, love the Sarah Kay image, beautifully coloured and love all your embelishes, plenty to look at I always say. Seen your card on MIM. Carolxx

Sheena said...

A lovely card - love the details. Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

Mary J said...

Oh Jayne, so beautifully put togther, love the embellishing! Thx for linking up to the Make It Monday party!

Mary J x

karen said...

Hi Jayne, gorgeous make, love all the fabulous details, thanks so much for joining us at CES this week, Karenx

Jewellery making, creativity and a whole lot of rambling.................

So its been quite some time since I posted anything here and although I still love card making I haven't made anything for about 3 years...