Saturday 24 March 2012

Rock Princess

Just a quicky today. I finished this card late last night and it was too dark to take photographs, so I waited until this morning but still didnt find the time to post. There just does not seem to be enough hours in the day at the moment and it's playing havoc with my crafting!
Anyway enough waffle. My card today is my first attempt at a Kenny K image. What do you think?


This crazy image is call Kitty Katastrophe. Not my usual style but I thoroughly enjoyed every moment I spent colouring her. I used copics because I felt that the image needed quite strong colours. The paper are DCWV Black currant. I always struggle with this stack and am never quite sure how to use the paper. I guess you have to come out of your comfort zone sometimes. Overall I think I am quite happy with the result. 
I broke out my Cricut to cut the heart with bat wings. The cartridge that I used was called rock princess.
To finish off I used a black feather and a Tim Holtz trinket pin

21 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Your colouring amazes me, and I love the heart with wings, and the papers are gorgeous...love the colours!
Have to be honest and say I'm not a fan of Kenny K, but I AM a fan of yours, so hope you don't delete me from your followers....;P

Chrissy said...

She is just fabulous Jayne, love the colours,and the feathers, great card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa Jane said...

I think is fabarooni! LOve the colouring and that gorgeous feather
Lisa x

Crafty Cath said...

I think you ROCKED it! Excellent shading!

Unknown said...

Oooh love it, Jayne! Fab colouring and colours and the feather is a wonderful touch.

Sarah

Jennifer said...

Wow, this is fabulous Jayne! xx Jenny xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Jayne - adorable card, love your colouring...

June Nelson said...

Its fangtastic lol its briilliant and I love this xxxx

Mary J said...

What a fun, sassy card, Jayne! That feather and border are so fab!

Unknown said...

Jayne
what a stunnig card ....great mix of papers and embellishments and wow that image, well done its FAB Hugs Elaine

Tracy said...

Well I think out did a great job coming out of your control zone. LOL The papers look perfect and so do all the fun embellies you used. Awesome job on the image too. Hugs!

Shelby said...

Awesome! your coloring is just spectacular and love love love the accessories you've used.

Shelby

Anita said...

Your card is gorgeous and your coloring looks amazing!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Well done you! Stepping out of your comfort zone works wonders for your confidence hun! You have certainly rocked it! Love it!!
Hugs Shell xx

Vicky said...

This is soooooooo gorgeous & I love the colours & your colouring is awesome sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sandy said...

This is just as cute and fun as it can be - love your creation!!
Sandy

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Jayne, your colouring is beautiful hun.
I know that feeling of not enough hours in the day :)
hugs Mandy xx

Mandy said...

Fabulous card,Jayne,Love your colours and the heart with wings is great...
Mandy x

Exclusively by Mel said...

Wonderful card! I love the colours, and your fab colouring.
The heart looks superb!
Great design.
Love, Mel. xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh love this card too! cute and yet Sassy! :0)

Sandy said...

Now this is CUTE and I love the colors. Really wonderful card!!
sandy

Jewellery making, creativity and a whole lot of rambling.................

So its been quite some time since I posted anything here and although I still love card making I haven't made anything for about 3 years...