Saturday 7 May 2011

Last minute challenge entry - One for the boys

Good evening everyone. I seem to be getting later and later with posting my blogs.  I have had a very busy day today rushing around de-cluttering the house. I have been paying particular attention to the spare room because I have finally convinced my husband to redecorate and turn it into a craft room/office. I can't wait, finally a space of my own to craft without having to chase the dog around the house to rescue my copic's!

On for the Boys Bunny Zoe Crafts Challenge.

I don't usually do cards for boys very often but after much nagging from my family who haven't bought cards for years I made a whole batch using the adorable boys from Hanglar.

The papers used to create this card are from My Minds Eye and I think they compliment the boys beach outfit quite well. The ribbon was recycled from a box of chocolates. The only other items I have used are grunge board elements from Tim Holtz and a little tag topper from Hobby Craft.
The image has been cut using Nestie's and the out of the frame technique. All colouring has been done with Copic's but I can't remember which colours sorry!
 Here's a close up of the grunge board arrow that I have painted using picket fence crackle paint and aged using distress inks.


Card Recipe.

6x6 inch card blank
My Minds Eye Papers
Ribbon from a chocolate box
some scraps of red Bazzil card
Grunge Board elements
2 red eyelets
Tag topper
Copic markers


It would be lovely to hear from you so please leave a comment or follow my blog.

Thanks
Jayne

1 comment:

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, I so love this one, the image is gorgeous and the papers and colours are just stunning, gorgeous work big hugs pops x x

Jewellery making, creativity and a whole lot of rambling.................

So its been quite some time since I posted anything here and although I still love card making I haven't made anything for about 3 years...