Wednesday 1 June 2011

Vintage/Shabby Chic

Good afternoon everyone. I have not posted for a few days. It's half term and the house is in upheaval. My 11 year old son is no problem, but when you add his sister to the mix who is almost 21 and should know better the fireworks fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right today I am going to share a card that I have been carrying around in my head since the weekend and have only just managed produce today!


I have been at the DCWV papers again. I cant resist the blackcurrant stack. The image is princess magnolia. She's been stuck in the draw for ages so needed an airing. The frame I cut with my Cricut from grunge paper and then crackled with picket fence. All of the paper edges have been distressed.   

The word adore has been cut from black Bazzil card using the Cricut and the home decore cartridge.
 I love the ruffled ribbon which is from Tim Holtz as is the fabric rose. I just added a sparkly brad for effect. The Buckle I bought from the last Alexandria palace craft show in April.

Inside the card (sorry about the photo)

Card Recipe.
Papers - DCWV
Cricut - Cartridges used Home Decor and Sentiments
Card stock - Bazzil
Ribbon - Tim Holtz
Doohickey lace die - Magnolia
Stamp - Magnolia
Copic's
E21,E00.E000,V17,V15,V12,E59,E57,E55,E53,Y28,Y26,Y23

Challenges I would like to Enter.

Well I hope you like the card.
 Do leave me a comment and let me know what you think. 


Jayne
x

11 comments:

sara said...

this is stunning jayne i love the colours and how you have popped tilda in the frame which cart is that frame on its really nice
hugs sara x x x

Chrissy said...

This is gorgeous Jayne, you do lovely colouring. I love the frame,and the colour combo.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

Loved your card heren and loved it again on 'Make it Monday'

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Tab said...

Absolutely beautiful, Jayne....love how you have framed Tilda :o)
Hugs Tab xxx

Sue said...

Hi Jayne, your card is gorgeous, beutiful colours, sweet image and i love the lush ribbon:)

Sue
xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just stunning love the image and colours, the papers are fab too, gorgeous work hugs pops x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Jayne, I love the frame and the colours are gorgeous.
Thanks so much for the copic tips, I reckon only another 2 years and I'll feel confident using them lol
hugs Mandy xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, fab Tilda and colour combo.
luv
Debby

Jenny said...

Ooooh I just love Tilda all framed up. Thanks heaps for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Crystal said...

Beautiful card, the paper is gorgeous & I love the die that frames your Tilda image! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lovely colors you have used. Beautiful layout.
Thank You for dropping by my blog and cheering me up by leaving a comment.
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Jewellery making, creativity and a whole lot of rambling.................

So its been quite some time since I posted anything here and although I still love card making I haven't made anything for about 3 years...