Wednesday 8 May 2013

Memory Album

Good morning everyone.

Its time for a new challenge at Diva's by Design. This weeks it's everyone's favourite anything goes!
We have a fabulous sponsor for this challenge in the form of Iva Nova Chest...........

I have tried something a little different for me this time. A colleague at work asked if I would make her a memory album for a friend. The brief was to create an album for a Moroccan  gentleman who was very organised, loved life and bright colours and most of all liked every thing to be on time.

It tool me 2 weeks to finally finish the book and I am so pleased with the way it came out but was a little worried if I had got the brief right. I needn't have worried because my colleague loved it.





Sorry it's a bit photo heavy!

I have used a mixture of Kaiser craft papers for the book (sorry I don't know what they are called). I also managed to find some leather look black paper which was perfect for this project. I have used a hidden binding system for this book which was demoed on You tube by Kathy Orta and after using this technique I don't think I will use any thing else!

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Jayne

9 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab design and colours.xxx

Berry said...

This is stunning Jayne and what a challenge I'm not sure I could have risen to it! Great work hugs rebekah xx

Debs said...

Stunning project Jayne - so many fabulous details - no wonder your colleague loved it.
Debs xx

Vicky said...

Totally gorgeous Jayne...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Anita said...

Oh Jayne, I love mini albums and yours is beautiful! I can't make them but I sure do love looking at the ones that others make :)

DesignerDiva said...

WOW Jayne what a gorgeous keepsake you have created. Love your beautiful details and perfect paper choices, I'm sure this was well recieved!!
hugs Laurie xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Fantastic album.. I'm sure she loved it just as much... Great details and the pages are fantastic...
TFS Jayne~

Kelly said...

That is amazing, a ton of really cool things in there. I bet she was quite happy with the result. Great job on the book.
Hugs Kelly

Sandy said...

I love your book Sugar and it sounds as if you hit the jack pot!! Hmmmm, a Moroccan glentleman - that sounds intriguing! Jayne you did a wonderful job with this. I will see if I can find the you tube about how you did the binding. Great work!!
Sandy

Jewellery making, creativity and a whole lot of rambling.................

So its been quite some time since I posted anything here and although I still love card making I haven't made anything for about 3 years...